Hello there! I’m so excited you are here and that you wanna join us in the Cerezo en Flor Cardigan Knit-along (#CerezoKAL). I’m sure we’ll have a fantastic time and make a lot of knitting friends on the way!
This is how the KAL will work:
- We are gonna spend 8 weeks together knitting the Cerezo en Flor Cardigan (May 6th to June 30th). You can get it with a 50% discount if you buy it before April 21st at Midnight EST here as a special thank you for joining early by subscribing to my newsletter. Or you can get it with a 25% discount until May 5th at Midnight EST, also my subscribing to my newsletter.
- Every Monday during the KAL, starting from April 29th until July 1st, I will livestream on the Kate Barrios Designs Knitting Circle Facebook group to talk about a particular detail on the pattern and to offer pattern support, at 9pm EST. Attend to the livestreams to ask questions and encourage each other! I particularly recommend to attend if this is your first time knitting garments, as I will explain basic sweater knitting techniques such as shaping and seaming.
- Every Friday during the KAL I will start a thread on the KBD Knitting Circle where you can post your WIP pictures until the following Sunday’s Midnight EST.
Each week, I will feature an independent knitwear designer, who has each kindly donated a pattern as the week’s prize. The winner will be able to pick ONE pattern from their Ravelry store.
Here are the amazing designers:
These prizes have been kindly sponsored by Blueprint, The Fibre Co., and by Crafty Jak’s.
Bluprint, the online streaming service for all things crafts and creativity, has kindly donated 1 (one) Blueprint Knitting box, which includes:
3 printed patterns included with your supplies
2 Cloudborn Highland Roving skeins (Oatmeal Heather)
Cloudborn Superwash Merino Bulky skein (Maize Heather)
Cloudborn Superwash Merino Bulky skein (Grey Heather)
Cloudborn Highland Worsted skein (Ocean)
Craftsy Trendz Bamboo 36in Circular Knitting Needle Size US 17 (12.5mm)
Craftsy Trendz Circular Knitting Needles US 11 (8mm)
Craftsy Bamboo Circular Knitting Needles US 7 (4.5mm)
Tapestry needles (2 large and 2 small)
Zooni stitch markers (7 ct)
Bluprint canvas tote
The Fibre Co, a leading yarn company with amazing quality yarns and absolutely stunning colorways, has kindly donated one hank of their Terra base, and their pattern All Hands, for a pair of mittens, in a limited edition color.
Crafty JAK’s was started by a mother and daugther as a way to share some of the variety of things we love to create. This journey started off by designing and knitting photography props for the professional photography industry, some of which you can still find in their Etsy shop. They have kindly donated 1 (one) Sock Set as a prize.
These are the simple rules to follow to participate for the weekly prizes and the Grand Prizes:
- You participate by knitting the Cerezo en Flor Cardigan.
- Join the Kate Barrios Designs Knitting Circle Facebook group here.
- To be eligible for the weekly giveaway, you must post a Work In Progress (WIP) picture of the Cardigan under the Facebook group post of the week. The post will have the KAL hashtag (#CerezoKAL), and it will tell you when will the week’s winner be picked. You have until then to post your WIP picture.
- To be eligible to win 1 (ONE) of the Grand Prizes, you must post a Finished Object (FO) picture of the Cardigan on the Facebook group post of the week, until June 30th at Midnight ET.
- You can get 2 extra entries for the Grand Prizes by setting up a Ravelry Project Page for your Cardigan, linked to the Cardigan’s Pattern Page (here). It must include pictures and notes! You also have until June 30th at Midnight ET to do this.
- You can join the KAL anytime!
These are the materials you need to knit the Cerezo en flor Cardigan:
11 (13, 14, 16) balls of The Fibre Co. Acadia DK weight yarn (1.76 oz/50 g; 145 yds/133 m; 60% wool/20% alpaca/20% silk). Colorway: Rosebay.
Approximately 16.9 (21.5, 24.5, 28.5) oz/478 (610, 695, 810) g; 1390 (1777, 2023, 2355) yds/1270 (1624, 1850, 2154) m of DK weight yarn (60% wool/20% alpaca/20% silk).
Size US 6 (4 mm) 24 in (60cm) circular knitting needles for working flat or size to obtain correct gauge.
Size G-US 6 (4 mm) crochet hook.
2 stitch holders or waste yarn.
Both Crafty Jak’s and Create Yarnworks have prepared lovely kits for you to knit your Cardigan with the best quality yarn!
You can buy Crafty Jak’s Delicious DK base with an exclusive 10% discount with the code KateKal10 at checkout BEFORE purchasing.
You can also buy the following Create Yarnworks bases, with 20% discount:
– Superwash 100% Bluefaced Leister Wool
– 100% Superwash Merino
or – 100% Baby Alapaca
All of them, by introducing the code KATESKAL at checkout.
Remember to join us in the KBD Knitting Circle here.
These are the dates for the Livestreams:
– April 29th: we will talk about the KAL rules, how it’s gonna work, materials needed (yarn to choose, different kinds of yarn), how to pick the right size. So don’t miss it!
– May 6th
– May 13th
– May 20th
– May 27th
– June 3rd
– June 10th
– June 17th
– June 24th
– July 1st
Well, I think that’s it! Don’t forget you can buy your pattern here and that you can share your WIP’s and FO’s pictures on Instagram too with the hashtags #Cerezokal #CerezoenflorCardi and #katebarriosdesigns so we all can swoon over them!